Join the Friends!
Become a Friend today! Joining the Friends is now integrated into the donation process.
As a member of the Friends of the Library, you’ll be paid back in a thousand ways every year—with children’s smiles, the sincere appreciation of the library’s hardworking staff, and the pure satisfaction of knowing you make a difference to one of the Blue Hill Peninsula’s most important institutions.
Additional member benefits include:
- Coffee coupon – have a cup on us
- Friends designated parking space
- Invitation to members-only events
- Invitation to the Friend’s Annual Meeting
- Volunteer opportunities
Who We Are
A Friend is any person who goes above and beyond being a cardholder to support the library, whether through volunteer time or by paying membership dues.
The Friends support and promote the services of the Blue Hill Public Library and enhance the library’s important role in the community. We are a dynamic group who donate our time and help raise funds for services and programs not covered by the BHPL’s operating budget.
What We Do:
- Sort, repair, and clean donated books)
- Book sales management – daily Kiosk sales, monthly Book Nook sales, and weekly sales during the summer
- Fundraising, including merchandise and bake sales
- General support of Library special programs
- Annual Community Holiday party
- Community donations to promote reading
- Help with major library fundraiser events
In the library, the funds we raise are used for a variety of special services like:
- Children’s programming
- CD, DVD, and newspaper purchases
- Adult enrichment programs, such as Great Decisions, foreign policy group, and play reading
- Staff support, including appreciation gifts and assistance to help staff participate in tuition for outside educational opportunities
- Items for the library, such as audio-visual equipment, furniture, and book carts
Questions? Please contact the Friends volunteer coordinator directly: FOLvolunteers@bhpl.net