Join the Friends!
Become a Friend today! Joining the Friends is now integrated into the donation process. Join today!
As a member of the Friends of the Library, you’ll be paid back in a thousand ways every year—with children’s smiles, the sincere appreciation of the library’s hardworking staff, and the pure satisfaction of knowing you make a difference to one of the Blue Hill Peninsula’s most important institutions.
Members benefits include:
- Coffee coupon – have a cup on us
- Friends designated parking space
- Invitation to members-only events
- Invitation to the Friend’s Annual Meeting
- Volunteer opportunities
Who We Are
A Friend is any person who goes above and beyond being a cardholder to support the library, whether through volunteer time or by paying membership dues.
The Friends support and promote the services of the Blue Hill Public Library and enhance the library’s important role in the community. We are a dynamic group who donate our time and help raise funds for services and programs not covered by the BHPL’s operating budget. Used book sales, bake sales, and helping at library events make this possible.
What We Do:
- Book sales – monthly (weekly during the summer)
- Sort and clean donated books and staff used book sales
- General support of Library programs
- Annual Community Holiday party
- Help with Library fundraisers
The funds we raise are used for:
- Children’s programming
- CDs, DVDs, and newspapers
- Adult enrichment programs, including but not limited to: Great Decisions, foreign policy group, play reading, and movie nights
- Staff appreciation gifts and assistance to help staff participate in the outside educational opportunities
- Items for the library, including but not limited to: audio-visual equipment, furniture, and book carts
Questions? Please contact the Friends volunteer coordinator directly: FOLvolunteers@bhpl.net