Who We Are
The Friends of the Library are volunteers who support and promote the services of the Blue Hill Public Library.
We are a dynamic group who donate our time and help to raise funds for services and programs not covered by the BHPL’s operating budget. Used book sales, bake sales, and helping at library events make this possible.
What We Support
The funds we raise go toward:
- Children’s programming.
- Purchasing CDs, DVDs, and newspapers.
- Adult enrichment programs (Great Decisions foreign policy discussions, opera previews, play readings and movie nights.
- Staff appreciation gifts and assistance to help staff participate in outside educational opportunities.
- Purchase of needed material items (audio-visual equipment, furniture and book carts, etc.).
What We Do
- Book sales (help sort and shelve books or work on sale days).
- Bake cookies or savory snacks for library events.
- General support of library events.